Woodhull accepts rolling applications for Fall, Spring and Summer internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Applicants may apply to intern with Woodhull’s policy or communications departments in Washington, DC. Internships have flexible start and end dates.
While internships are unpaid, Woodhull will work with a student’s University to assure academic credit is received.
Please note: Woodhull is accepting short-term summer, and full fall internship applications at this time.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a program in policy, political science, non-profit organizations, or another relevant field.
- Strong research and writing skills are absolutely critical.
- Ability to excel at working both independently and collaboratively.
- A commitment sexual freedom as a fundamental human right.
- Demonstrated interest in transgender, LGBT, health care, privacy, civil rights or related issues a plus.
- Have strong familiarity with progressive political news outlets.
- Strong oral and writing communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize and write under a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a writer, reporter or blogger is helpful.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent worker.
Time and Location
Interns work remotely out of our Washington, DC office during regular business hours for 16-20 hours per week. Highest priority will be given to candidates who can commit to two regular work days per week (10-6 or 9-5)
Application & Deadline Email a resume, cover letter, and a 1-3 page writing sample to Ricci Levy, Executive Director at: email@example.com. Cover letters should describe your background, experience, and interest in this work.
Woodhull offers year-round legal internship opportunities. We welcome applications from students currently enrolled in law school. Legal internships are unpaid, but Woodhull will work with a student’s University to assure academic credit is received.
We work with 3L students and recent law school graduates on a case-by-case basis for law fellowships. To be considered for a law fellowships, applicants must have an external financial sponsor.
Legal Fellow Responsibilities
- Currently enrolled in a law school
- Strong research and writing skills are absolutely critical
- Ability to excel at working both independently and collaboratively
- A commitment to sexual freedom as a fundamental human right
- Demonstrated interest in sexual freedom related issues a plus (review of issues on the website is encouraged)
Time and Location On a case-by-case basis, some legal interns may work remotely or from our Washington, DC office on an abbreviated schedule.
Spring/Fall Interns work out of our office in Washington, DC during regular business hours for 15-20 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Highest priority will be given to candidates who can commit to two regular work days per week (10-6 or 9-5).
Application Email a resume, cover letter, and a 3-5 page writing sample to Ricci Levy, Executive Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis; Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Sex work refers to a wide range of activity where sexual interaction is explicitly exchanged for something of value.
WSFA firmly believes that human beings possess a fundamental right to develop and express their sexuality.
Sexual Health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well being in relation to sexuality.
Sexuality and faith are two of the most deeply important and deeply personal aspects of human identity.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people are entitled to the realization of the full spectrum of their human rights.
Civil rights are one sub-set of human rights that exist equal to and interdependent with multiple fundamental human rights.
Grounded in the human rights framework, reproductive justice refers to all of the conditions necessary for all people to enjoy reproductive freedom.
Every human being deserves access to medically accurate and inclusive information about sex and sexuality.
It's so important to be aware of our language. #AdvancingRights